Rules of Conduct
- Members shall not knowingly agree to perform an assignment for which they are not reasonably well qualified with respect to knowledge of either the languages or the subject matter involved.
- Members shall always endeavour to secure conditions conducive to the careful execution of their work.
- Members shall not use confidential information to which they are privy through the practice of their profession, to the detriment of their clients or to their own advantage or that of a third party, either directly or indirectly.
- In their advertising, members shall clearly indicate their certification in terms of languages and professional class (translator, conference interpreter or terminologist).
- This code shall be effective from the date of its adoption by the membership at a general meeting.
- Members may advertise their services but shall not use comparative advertising.
- Members shall not use the Corporation's logo.